Photo by Emily Soto for Yahoo Life
Accessibility & Advising
Xian lends her expertise to ensure that corporations and cultural institutions operate with inclusivity and are at the forefront of innovation and disability equity.
Current Advisory Positions:
- ReelAbilities Film Festival (Film Selection Committee and Advisory Board)
- Brooklyn Botanical Garden Accessibility Advising Working Group
- PBS’s Independent Lens
- Various Beauty Brands TBA/Wunderman-Thompson
- U.N. NGO Committee on Education, Learning & Literacy
- The American Institute of Architects (AIA)
- Ronald O. Perelman Performing Arts Center at the World Trade Center
- AT&T Advisory Panel on Access and Aging (AAPAA)
- Cooper Hewitt’s Accessibility Advisory Board
- New York Women’s Foundation’s Emerging Women’s Network
- Open Style Labs at Parsons
- The Whitney Museum
- Cerebral Palsy Foundation
Xian can help you with…
Xian wearing clothing with hidden adaptive features in the form of aligned secure magnets instead of buttons, and Seven7 jeans with hidden Velcro and zippers at the sides
Xian Horn on the Cerebral Palsy Foundation Design for Disability runway wearing a sustainable silk top and skirt made for her by designer Emily Ridings during her time at Pratt.
The Xian Coat: a rain-proof coat with customized accessibility features designed by Parson’s Open Style Lab, informed by Xian’s experience and input.
While good intentions are a great start, they are not enough. Xian can help you create a clear and inviting message to ensure your project, mission, or campaign has powerful, accessible language, and the most universal reach.
Xian takes joy in helping corporations and non-profits use their platform to communicate beautifully and effectively. Together, we can create the most inclusive, practical strategies, and powerful narratives that reach soul-deep and inspire brand confidence.
Photo Credit: Ken Pao
Accessibility determines who can fully participate in their lives and in the world. Designing for accessibility is an opportunity to connect with and empower the 1.3 billion people with disabilities globally.
Let’s Team Up.
Humanist, Beauty and Disability Advocate, Forbes Contributor, Teacher
Get in Touch